- Build campfires in safe locations where
the fire cannot spread laterally of vertically.
- Build campfires far enough away from
tents to prevent sparks from burning holes in canvas or catching the
blasted thing on fire itself.
- Build campfires well away from the
- Have Water ready to put out any undesirable
- Do not load black powder weapons around
- Have designated schedule for going
on picket duty. The horses need to be watched at all times on the picket
line. Person should have an emergency poket knife for cutting away lead
ropes in the case of extreme emergencies.